|User Role||Store Groups||Store|
An Item is a product that can be ordered by your customer. It is added to a Subcategory that is within a Category.
To add an Item:
- Select the Overview sub navigation of the Menu option of the side navigation bar on All Stores level.
- There are two ways to create Items:
Click “Add New” and select the option Item. If you choose this option you need to select the Subcategory from a dropdown list the newly created Item belongs to.
Click on the “Add item” button, directly under the Subcategory where you would like to create this item. By choosing this option, the Subcategory where the item belongs to is already pre-selected.
- Populate the following fields:
- Name: select the name of the Item shown to your customers
- Internal Name: select a name to help you manage your menu. This isn't visible in you customer facing apps
- Subcategory: Select the Subcategory where the Item belongs to (skip this step if it has been already preselected)
- Image (optional): Add an image of the Item (this image will be displayed on the different channels of the MENU Ecosystem).
- Description (optional): Description of the Item shown to customers
- Price and Calories:
Please note: the price of a newly created Item is by default set to 0 and will be saved as such if you don't change it upon Item creation:
- Price: Price charged to the customers when ordering that Item Price Level (different prices can be created based on the portion of the Item)
- Name: Name of the Price Level (for example "Small", "Medium", "Large" etc.). A Price Level Name is required if an Item has more than one Price Level.
- Calories (optional): Calorie count for the Price level shown to customers
- Order Type: Defines for what Order types the Item is available (by default all are selected).
- Food Type (optional): Defines whether the Item is Vegetarian or Vegan, which will be marked on channels with a special icon.
- Allergens (optional): Allergens that are shown to customers for the Item. Select the allergens from the drop-down menu for each item. How to manage Allergens for an Item?
- Self-serving (optional): Defines whether the customer needs to pick up this Item at a special place or if it will be served with the rest of the order. Note: Quick-Service restaurants often have a special place (for example a fridge) where certain items (for example drinks) need to be picked up, separately from the rest of the order. If enabled, the Final customer will be told to pick this Item up himself/herself.
- Show in Menu: Defines if the item is available as a stand alone item in the menu. Disable this if you want an Item to only be available through a Combo Meal or a Discount.
- Tax Rate: Tax Rate that applies to the Item (select one of the previously created tax rates when setting up the Tax Configuration on All Stores level)