|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
A Subcategory holds all Items that can be ordered by your customers.
Category: Beverages & Smoothies
Subcategory: Soft Drinks
Item: Homemade Ice Tea
To add a Subcategory:
- Click Menu
- Menu page appears
- Select the Menu you would like to add the Item to
- Make sure that you are in the right Menu that you would like to add your new Subcategory to. Normally you will only have a single Menu called Default that opens automatically. If you have multiple Menus, you can switch the Menu using the arrow button to the right of the Menu name.
- Click ADD SUBCATEGORY in the sidebar below the Category that you would like to add it to
- Name: Name of the Subcategory shown to customers
- Introduction (optional): Description of the Subcategory shown on Mobile & Web
- Photo (optional): Image for the Subcategory. If no image is uploaded for the Subcategory, the Subcategory image will be pulled from the first Item in the Subcategory with an image when displayed on channels
- Click SUBMIT
- You've successfully created a new Subcategory. The Subcategory is placed into the Category to which you added it.
If you would like to immediately add another Subcategory, activate the Add Another checkbox and you'll be shown the form for adding another Subcategory right after submitting.
To control where your Subcategory is available, use the Visibility feature.