|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
A Category contains all of your Subcategories, which in turn hold all of the Items that your customers can order.
Category: Beverages & Smoothies
Subcategory: Soft Drinks
Item: Homemade Ice Tea
To add a Category to your Menu:
- Click Menu in the top navigation bar
- Menu page appears
- Make sure that you are in the right Menu that you would like to add your new Category to. Normally you will only have a single Menu called Default that opens automatically. If you have multiple Menus, you can switch the Menu using the arrow button to the right of the Menu name.
- Click ADD CATEGORY in the sidebar
- Name: Name of the Category shown to customers
- Type: Type of your Category (Food, Drink or Other), used in reporting
- Click SUBMIT
- You've successfully created your new Category
If you would like to immediately add another Category, activate the Add Another checkbox and you'll be shown the form for adding another Category right after submitting.
To control in which Venues your Category is available, use the Visibility feature.