|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
For POS integrations, the Items that are created in MENU are linked to the Items pulled from your POS system, so MENU knows which Item needs to be ordered in the POS when a customer places an order through a MENU-powered channel.
A POS Item is mapped per Price Level of an Item in MENU, which allows you to manage multiple sizes in one single Item with Price Levels, while, at the same time, those are separate Items in the POS. For example, you have a Bowl with two different sizes, which are created as two separate Items in the POS: "Bowl Small" and "Bowl Large".
You can create a single Item in MENU called "Bowl" with Price Levels "Small" and "Large" and then map the "Small" Price Level with the "Bowl Small" Item in the POS, and the Price Level "Large" with the "Bowl Large" Item in the POS. Customers will have the user-friendly experience of being able to select the "Bowl" Item and then choosing which size ("Small" or "Large") they would like to order.
Price Levels that are not mapped to a POS Item will not be shown on channels and thus not available for customers to order, since MENU would not know which Item should be ordered in the POS.
In order to be able to map Items to the POS, a POS integration needs to be set up and configured for your Chain or Single Venue. If that is not the case, you will not have the POS Integration tab available in your top navigation bar. To set up a POS integration, please reach out to your Account Manager or open a ticket through one of our contact forms.
Items are mapped to the POS from the POS Item mapping page.
To open POS Item mapping page:
- Click on POS Integration in the top navigation bar
- Click on POS Item mapping in the sidebar
- POS Item mapping page appears
The POS Item mapping page shows the list of Items configured in MENU on the left and the POS Items on the right (if the Item is already connected). If an Item is not yet connected to the POS, a Connect button is displayed:
To map an Item to the POS:
- Click on Connect next to an unmapped Item
- The modal as displayed above shows one or more drop downs depending on how many Price Levels are configured per that Item
- Click on a drop down to connect the Price Level
- A searchable drop down appears listing all the Items available from your POS system
- Select the Item from the POS that you want to map the Price Level with
- Do this for each Price Level of the Item
- Click SUBMIT
- You've successfully mapped the Item with the POS
From now on, pricing & availability will be automatically synchronized from the POS Items every 30 minutes.