|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
Promotion is a price reduction presented through various types of benefits in the MENU ecosystem. It is managed per Brand in the CMS where new Promotion can be created and the existing one updated and deleted.
To add Promotion:
- Select Promotions at the top bar
- Click ADD PROMOTION in the sidebar
- Name: Name of Promotion (e.g. Happy winter holidays!)
- Description: Description of Promotion
- Discount Tracking Code (optional): Sends additional information about all types of Discounts to some integrations with the MENU system
- Image: Insert image that represents Promotion
- Redemption Channels: Select the Channels in which Promotion is displayed (Mobile app, Web app, Kiosk or POS)
- Tags: Includes all Tags that are assigned to this Promotion
These will be filterable from the filter modal on the Offers screen.
- Discount Conditions: Discounts triggered by certain conditions; user can select the entity that is triggered by the condition: specific stores, spend a certain amount, certain order types
- Expiry: How long Promotion lasts (number of days)
- Redemption Limit: Defines how many times Customer can redeem issued Promotion
- Select 1-10 or Unlimited from the dropdown
- After Redemption limit has been reached, Customer can no longer use the Promotion in Mobile/Web application. If the Redemption limit is set to Unlimited, Customer can use the Promotion upon placing Order every time.
- NOTE: Redemption limit can only be set at this step (upon adding Promotion) and cannot be subsequently edited. Default value is set to 1.
- Start Date: When Promotion starts (Select the date from the calendar)
- End Date: When Promotion ends (Select the date from the calendar)
- Distribution Type: Select from a drop down the way in which the Promotion is distributed (as Promo Code which Customer needs to enter when logged-in to a particular Channel), from a Marketing Automation platform like Airship or Braze) or as a Unique Promo Code (individual Promo Codes generated in batches that can be redeemed only once)
- Promo Code: A unique alpha-numeric Promo Code that the Customer needs to enter in order to get Promotion
- Promo Code (if Marketing Automation is selected): Identifier of the Promotion entered in the Marketing Automation platform, so that the system knows which Promotion to issue when a given campaign triggers
- Brand Token (if Marketing Automation is selected): System generated Brand Token
- Unique Promo Code (if selected): no Promo Code or Maximum Issuance Count properties
- Maximum Issuance Count: Number of times that the Promotion can be issued to Customers
- Reduction Type: Set Price, Amount Off and Percentage
- Set Price: Price is set (reduction amount is the difference between the "regular" price and the set price value)
- Amount Off: Indicates that the reduction amount of the discount on the price is fixed; at the moment, this feature is only applied to a full Order
- Percentage: Percentage for which the price amount of the selected discounted objects (Order, Menu Items/Combos) will be reduced
Set price applies only to the Menu Item Price Level price (additional Modifier prices are calculated on top of the set price)
Set price applies to the lowest possible Combo price (price additions are added on top of the set price)
- Enter all the information
- Click SUBMIT
You've successfully created new Promotion.
If you selected Unique Promo Code:
Unique Promo Codes are individual Promo Codes that are generated in batches and can only be redeemed once.
NOTE: It is possible to add a batch only after Promotion is created in Edit Promotion page.
To add Promo Code Batch:
- Click ADD PROMO CODE BATCH
- Add Promo Code Batch modal appears
Now, enter the following information:
- Name: Name of the batch of created codes
- Quantity: Number of Promo Codes that will be issued (100.000 max)
- Code Length: Number of characters in code; min 8 - max 20 (e.g. for XSTHFJGJ Coupon Code, code length is 8)
- Code Format: Alphanumeric (letters and numbers, e.g. TY5WE079), Alphabetical (letters only, e.g. ACFWEEFK) and Numeric (numbers only, e.g. 42526525)
- Code Prefix (Optional): First part of the Promo Code (e.g. if you set the prefix as “BIRTHDAY“, the code will appear as “BIRTHDAY535353”)
NOTE: Code prefix is not included in the code length.
- Click SUBMIT after you entered all the necessary information
- Unique Promo Codes are being generated
When the process of generating is completed, the file with all the codes will be available in the Edit Promotion form.
You can delete or download the Batch.
If you click DOWNLOAD:
- Download Batch modal appears
- You can download it as CSV or Excel file
If you click DELETE:
- Delete Batch modal appears
The Delete Batch confirmation modal contains additional info of the consequence of deleting the Batch.
- Click Delete to confirm the action
You've successfully deleted the Batch.