IMPORTANT: Please inform MENU Support before configuring new tablet devices, so MENU can assign new licenses to the console! You may run into issues if you do not follow this process.
Before you start you need to have the following:
- Confirmation of new License assigned
- Tablet Name (provided by MENU; normally found in the Rollout Plan)
- Tablet Token (provided by MENU; normally found in the Rollout Plan)
- Start the tablet
- There is no need to configure any account (Google, Outlook etc).
- Open an internet browser and download SureMDM NIX Agent APK from this link:
- Install and start the downloaded SureMDM NIX Agent
- You first need to select the Setup Profile.
Select ‘Device Admin Enrollment’
DO NOT SELECT WORK PROFILE ENROLLMENT!
- Click on Get Started
- SureMDM requires some Admin rights to run properly.
Please grant all permission-requests.
- Click and allow all settings in the Nix Permission Checklist
- Click on Done
- Click on ‘Scan QR’ and scan this QR Code:
Be sure you scan the correct QR code. We have different QR Codes and Tablet Setup Guides for different Tablet Models!
- As soon as the QR-Code is scanned, you’ll need to manually set the Device Name provided by MENU.
Important: Do not enter the Tablet Token here. You must enter the provided Tablet name!
- The Enterprise Agent app will pop up for installation
- Install the Enterprise Agent and open it
- Click on 'Settings' and make sure it has the ’Enable Admin’ checked
- SureLock and Menu App will be automatically installed on the tablet
- Wait for it to finish
- Start SureLock APP
- Select ‘No, I want to use SureLock’ and hit Continue
- ‘Setup SureLock Permissions’ will start now on the tablet
- Go through all settings until the whole list is checked
- Click Continue
- You will now see this screen:
Some SureLock Settings will now be applied and SureLock will be activated
- Wait for the settings to be applied until you see this screen:
- Menu App will start automatically or you can click on it to start it
- Enter the Tablet Token provided in the Rollout Plan
Your tablet is now set up to receive orders.
NOTE: If you run into any issues during the set up please check these Knowledge Base articles: