|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
External Channel Types are a kind of a Channel Type feature template upon which multiple External Channels can be added. External Channel Types are added and modified by Administrators.
To add External Channel Types:
- Click External Channels at the top bar
- Click Add External Channel Type
- Add External Channel form appears
Enter the following information:
- External Channel Type Name: Name of the External Channel Type
- Logo: External Channel Type logo (If needed)
- Payment Processing: Refers to payment type which can be MENU Processing (uses MENU's payment integrations through the Web-app redirect flow) or Channel Processing (processes payment through the payment gateway and sends paid/guaranteed orders to MENU)
- OAuth Credentials: Global (gives External Channels access to all Venues) or per Venue (gives External Channel access per one Venue)
- Allow to Cancel Orders: switch with Enable/Disable option
- Enter all the necessary data and make modifications
- Click SUBMIT to complete the process
You've successfully added an External Channel Type to your Brand.
Upon adding an External Channel type, some new fields are added.
- Certification Token: passed with all requests to the External Order API and proves the authenticity of the external channel; read-only and auto generated
- Webhook Hash: way to provide other applications with real-time information; read-only and auto generated
- Client ID: a unique identifier for a browser–device pair that helps in determining unique users; read-only
- Client Secret: secret key known only to the application and the authorization server; read-only and auto generated
Configuration value fields are set at a Global-level. They are not seen on a Brand or Venue-level, but are accessible by the External Channel service via the External Order API.
For more information on how to ADD CONFIGURATION, please check out How to add Configuration? article.