|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
Calculated Delivery Time Buffer is used instead of Default Delivery Time Buffer to calculate first available Delivery Time. The calculation is based on order frequency and is used to unburden restaurant's Delivery Service and make more time for Delivery, since, in those cases, Calculated Delivery Time Buffer is longer than the Default Delivery Time Buffer.
It is optional and enabled per Venue.
To estimate Calculated Delivery Time Buffer, use the following calculation:
- If one Order is placed in a 3 hour period: Calculated Delivery Time Buffer is 1/3 of its delay
- If two Orders are placed in a 3 hour period: Calculated Delivery Time Buffer is an average delay value of those two Orders and multiplied with 2/3. For example, one Order got delayed by 60 min and the other by 30 min, the calculation will be:
(90 min / 2) x (2/3) = 30.
- If three or more Orders are placed in a 3 hour period: Calculated Delivery Time Buffer is the average delay value. For example, we had 3 Delivery Orders in the previous 3 hours and the first was delayed for 60 minutes, the second wasn't delayed, and the third was delayed for 10 minutes. The calculation for Calculated Delivery Time Buffer is: (60 + 0 + 10) / 3 = 23,3. Calculated Delivery Time Buffer for this period is 25 minutes (we round the value up to nearest 5).
To set up Calculated Delivery Time Buffer:
- Click Venue List at the top navigation bar
- Select Venue
NOTE: If you manage one Venue, the CMS automatically opens that Venue for you, so you don't need to select it from the Venue List.
- Click Order Types in the sidebar
- New page appears with Order Types and Settings sections
- In the Settings section, go to Use calculated delivery time buffer section
- Toggle the switch from Disabled to Enabled (Disabled by default)
- Click SUBMIT to complete the process
You've successfully enabled Calculated Delivery Time Buffer for Delivery Orders.