Default Delivery Time Buffer is used while calculating first available Delivery Time (on top of Order Preparation Time and Delivery Time calculated based on distance to the customer’s address from the Store). It is used to unburden restaurant's Delivery Service and make more time for Delivery. Default Delivery Time Buffer is set up on a Store level for all user roles that have access to other Delivery Order Type properties.
For more information on how Delivery Time is calculated with the Default Delivery Time Buffer, please check out the example in How to set up Delivery Hours? article.
To set up Default Delivery Time Buffer:
- Click Store List at the top navigation bar
- Click configurations, then go to Order Types
- Select Delivery Order Type
- Go to Time Buffer
- Enter the number of minutes in the empty field that's available for editing
- Remember to confirm your changes by clicking on the Save button