With the introduction of the Unified Login and Unified Navigation, all User Roles can now be created in the Management Center.
Why this change?
You're taking advantage of a central directory for granting and removing accesses, making the process faster and cheaper. Everyone can be quickly given access across multiple applications in one central place, rather than having to separately do it for each application. And, IT saves time on access removal, which can be done in minutes instead of hours.
Here's how the new flow looks like!
User invite flow
Who can invite?
A person with User permissions and Roles permissions can invite users not only to the Management Center but to Stores, Store Groups and other applications.
How to invite Users?
Selecting Users from the Configurations tab will take users to the user list default screen:
To add a user, select Invite
Then, input the email addresses of the users you would like to add:
Select the role that all users will be given. These are the predefined roles:
- Brand Manager
- Area Manager
- Store Manager
Please note: for default roles you cannot change permissions, you need to create a new role and set permissions. To edit permissions you just need to click on the role and update them.
If you want to create a new role - check this article for details.
Click on Next to move to the Give Access screen
- For Brand level invites:
- Brand Managers are automatically assigned to all the Stores and Store groups under the brand.
- You can manually assign the Stores your Area & Store Managers will have access to; if all stores are selected, you can enable the option "Give access to all stores and store groups added in the future. This option will also select all current stores and store groups."
- For Store Groups level invites:
A user who is given access to a store group will also gain access to any stores within the store group, even where access was not provided on stores tab.
Please note that users which have enabled all store will also gain access to all store groups. Manually removed of one store or Store group will disable all stores flag.
For Applications level invites:
You can provide access to a user to other MENU platforms such as CMS, Marketing Website and Customization Center.
- When you add users to the CMS you can assign them a CMS role: Brand Manager, Chain Manager, Company Manager or Local Manager
- When selecting either a Company or Local Manager roles, you will need to select from the list of Companies or Chains (only one Company or Chain can be assigned)
Note: You only need to confirm the CMS role.
Please remember: all changes to roles given to apps other than MC are still to be managed in the MC. Other applications will handle the MC change and reflect it in respective environments.
Please sign in to leave a comment.