The restaurant staff can cancel an order on the tablet app. For an order to be canceled, it needs to be in on-hold or active status.
An order can only be canceled directly on the tablet in the store. If an order gets canceled by the staff, here is what happens to the order:
- The user will receive a notification, that his order has been canceled.
- The system will automatically initiate a refund request with the payment provider.
(It can take several days for the refund to be visible on the users bank account, depending on the payment provider and the customers bank)
- The order will be deleted from the Statistics view in CMS.
No further action from the staff or the user is needed.
How to cancel an order?
- To cancel an order, open the order you want to cancel by clicking on it.
- Select the drop down menu in the top right corner and click on Cancel order.
- The cancelation window will pop up at the bottom of the tablet and the phone number of the customer will be shown. Contact the user why his order needed to be canceled and press Cancel order.
- The customer will be notified about the cancelation of his order and the order has a new status: CANCELED.
The order will be fully refunded to the customer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.