With MENU you are able to ask your users to provide their Birthday as part of the registration process. In order to do so, please ensure that Birthday has been activated as a Demographic data field in the CMS for your Brand.
You can use Firebase to set up birthday messages that will send your users a push notification along with a promotion on their birthday.
Create Birthday Cloud Message
In order to send your users a push notification on their birthday, you need to create a Cloud Message in Firebase that will target users based on a birth day & month and is scheduled to send on that specific date. Important: A separate Cloud Message needs to be created for every birth day & month.
- Log in to your Firebase Console and select your project
- Navigate to Engage -> Cloud Messaging in the left navigation section
- Click on New notification and start composing your push notification
- In Step 2 (Target), add both of your apps (iOS & Android) and add an additional filter per app that filters by the User Property dob
- For the filters, select contains as the comparison and specify the birth month & day as "-MM-DD" (for example "-03-25")
- In Step 3 (Scheduling), schedule the notification to be sent on the same date you specified in Step 2
- In order to send your users a birthday gift, you can include a deeplink to redeem a Promo Code when they tap on the push notification. Make sure to tell your users to tap on the push notification in order to get the gift in Step 1.
- For information on how to deeplink with a Firebase push notification, see Sending Push Notifications with Firebase Cloud Messaging
- For information on the deeplink to redeem a Promo Code, see Redeeming a Promo Code
Repeat this process for every birth month & day.
Only sending to users that have opted-in to Marketing Push Notifications
If your Brand is using GDPR opt-in and you'd like to only send the birthday campaign to users that have opted-in to receive Marketing Push Notifications, you can include an additional filter per app that only includes users where the User Property MarketingPushOptIn matches "true". This will look like this:
Please check with your counsel on whether you are required to specify this filter or not.