Kiosk, Order Number Display, Printer, Tablet, POS
The following ports need to be open for outgoing traffic
- Port 443 (HTTPS) – api.menu.app
- Port 443 (HTTPS) – menu.provconnect.net - IP's: 31.225.29; 22.214.171.124 (Kiosk and OND)
As of now, Kiosks are using port 3000 because it's hardcoded in their FE. However, this port might sometimes get blocked - this is because it might be used by another service at the same time. If this happens, all requests that are sent to KWS will fail. To fix that, we've introduced a check:
- pinging port 3000
- if port 3000 isn't available, the check will automatically ping port 2727
Please note: if possible, port 3000 should always be open. If it's not possible, please keep port 2727 available.
Kiosk network requirements
Minimum recommended internet download speed for Kiosk is 5 Mb/s (5120 Kb/s) per Kiosk
Minimum recommended internet upload speed for Kiosk is 1Mb/s (1024 Kb/s) per Kiosk
Kiosk should be connected via Ethernet (wired connection) to a network that is separated from the regular network that Restaurant Customers use for their Wi-Fi needs
- Maximum recommended package loss should not be equal or superior to 1% (industry standard)
- Kiosk should be connected to the same network as the Kitchen tablets. (only for Puck Solution)
These guidelines are meant to be followed to avoid interruptions on the Kiosk connection and providing customers with a flawless Kiosk experience.
SIX Payment Terminal
- Your payment terminal has access to an Ethernet line (RJ45) that supports DNS and DHCP and provides free access to the Internet.
- If your existing local network is firewall-protected, 24-hour free Internet access must be ensured for your payment terminal. The payment terminal automatically sets up the connection and implements service updates during inactive business periods
Ethernet port communication requirements for payment terminal
- Ethernet line (RJ45)
- Line supports DHCP and DNS
- Free Internet access (please observe firewall rules)
The following IP addresses must be allowed to pass if the Internet connection is protected by a local firewall or a firewall set up by your Internet provider!
* incl. Diners, JCB, Swisscard/American Express, Migrosbank, GE Moneybank, Jelmoli, Accarda
The list is not definitive (as of 1st January 2016). The list has been drawn up and checked with great care. Please note that IP address can change at any time. SIX Payment Services accepts no responsibility for any mistakes or modified addresses.
Firewall test option