In order to complete Android App Transfer, there are a few things to be done regarding Google Play developer.
- Make sure that the original account and all the apps to be transferred comply to the policy guidelines
Most of your statistics will be transferred from your previous account to your new account. However, there are some things like your bulk export reports, payout reports, and earnings reports that won't be transferred with the app, so you may want to download any reports you'll need later. New versions of these reports will be created once the app transfers to a new account.
Before you can submit a transfer request from your original account to a different account (known as your target account), both Google Play developer accounts need to be registered and active.
To confirm that account is active, make sure of the following:
- Original account: You're able to sign in
- Target account: Your registration is complete
If you see the message Why can't I publish in the app header, review the information provided to resolve any missing information.
- You'll need the registration transaction ID for the target account
To find the transaction ID, search the target account owner's email inbox for developer registration fee.
If you can’t find the transaction ID email receipt:
- With the target account owner's email address, sign in to Google Payments
- Select Activity in the left menu
- Find and select the transaction for your developer account registration
Tip: Search your transactions for Google Play Developer.
- Your transaction ID is listed near the bottom of the transaction details
Registration transaction IDs are typically in one of the following formats:
Entire documentation can be found here.
After you completed everything, click on the link, select the app you want to transfer, and you’ll be provided with the screen like this:
Click Transfer apps, after which you’ll be transferred to another screen:
In the field, current owners full name, enter your owner’s full name, which can be found on Google Play Console, under Users and permissions.
As for original transaction ID, you can find details in section 4, or on this link.
After completing previous section, there’s a next one:
Developer account email address can be found on Google Play Console landing page, under Settings → Developer account → Account details.
New account transaction ID is a transaction ID of the account where we want to transfer an app, and it’s the same process of obtaining it as we did for the current account.
Reason for transfer can be chosen from some of the following:.
If you choose other, you can add description why you want to transfer the app. Description can take up to 500 characters.
(examples of apps)
- After you choose app(s), check again if you've populated all fields correctly
- After you’ve checked that all data is valid, click on Transfer button in the bottom right, it’ll look like this:
If you've correctly completed all the steps, you’ll be noted about your transfer in about 2 business days.