Apple states that all apps must be submitted by the provider of the app’s content using their own, unique Apple Developer Account. This also applies to the existing, already published apps.
If you currently have one or more apps published on your developer account, the Apple review will include this check when you submit a store update. In order to avoid any disruptions in the availability of your app in the iOS store, please make sure that all your apps are published on a corresponding developer account. If the app and the developer account do not match, Apple will potentially reject the update. In this case, older version of the app remains available.
Fortunately, it is possible and relatively simple, to transfer the ownership of an app to another developer without removing the app from the App Store. When the app is transferred, it keeps its reviews and ratings and users will still have access to the future updates. You can transfer multiple apps, without limit, but all apps must be transferred individually.
Step 1: Verify that the app can be transferred
The app must meet specific criteria to be transferable.
App transfer criteria
In order to be transferred, the app has to meet the following criteria:
- Both accounts can’t be in pending or changing state, and the latest version of the agreements in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section must be accepted
- No version of the app can use iCloud entitlement
- No version of the app can use Passbook entitlement
- The App must have at least one version that has been released to the App Store
- In-app purchase product IDs in the app can’t be the same as product IDs in any apps in the recipient’s account
- TestFlight beta testing should be turned off for all beta versions of the app
- Sandboxed Mac apps that share the Application Group Container Directory with other Mac apps cannot be transferred
Step 2: Initiate app transfer
A team agent in your organization initiates the app transfer.
Step 3: Accept app transfer
A team agent in the recipient organization accepts the app transfer.
Initiate app transfer
Required role: Team Agent / Account Holder
- Log in to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ and click My Apps on the homepage
- A list of all apps is displayed
- Select the app you want to transfer and scroll to the Additional Information section
- Click Transfer App, then click Done
- If your app meets all the criteria mentioned above, click Continue
- If the app doesn't meet all the criteria you should resolve the issues
- Enter the Apple ID and Team ID for the recipient’s team agent, and click Continue
- Read the terms, select I have read and agree to the agreement presented above and click Request Transfer
- Click Done to return to the App Information page
After you initiate the transfer, the app stays in its previous status, with the Pending App Transfer status added, until the recipient accepts it.
Accept app transfer
- Sign in to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ as the Team Agent
A notice indicates that an app transfer is ready to be accepted.
- Click Agreements, Tax and Banking
- Below App Transfers click Review next to the app
- Enter new metadata
* Support URL
* Atom feed URL (required if the app previously had an atom feed URL)
* Marketing URL (required if the app previously had a marketing URL)
* CCATS (new CCATS form is required for apps that use export compliance)
* App Review contact information
* App Store contact information
Read the terms
Select I have read and agree to the agreement presented above
It can take up to two business days for the app transfer to complete, during which the app status is Processing App Transfer.
For more information visit App Store Connect Help.