A menu holds all the customers Items in Categories and Subcategories, just how you would find on a kiosk, on your mobile, or on your web app. Creating global categories helps the further classification of our items.
Category: Beverages & Smoothies
Subcategory: Soft Drinks
Item: Homemade Ice Tea
To add a Category to your Menu:
- Select the Overview sub navigation of the Menu option of the side navigation bar on All Stores level.
- Click on the button “Add New” button and select the Category option.
- Name the Category and choose the Category type:
- Name: Name of the Category shown to customers
- Type: Type of your Category (Food, Drink or Other), used in reporting
- Click SAVE
Editing the Category:
Previously created categories can be edited by selecting them.
There are 2 ways to edit Categories:
- Selecting the three dots we can Manage Visibility of the Category or delete it.
- Click on the Category itself and a new pop-up window opens, then clicking on the 3 dots you can Manage Visibility
You can show/hide Category on your customer facing apps through the MC. The visibility of a Category can be managed per Store Group and/or Channel.
To show/hide Category:
- Select the Store Groups or MENU Ordering & External Channels where this category should be visible.
- Click on Save
If category is hidden for the whole Store Group, it will not be visible in the Store Menu Management that belong to that Store Group, not in the customer facing apps in those Stores.
To control in which Stores your Category is available, use the Visibility feature.