In the CMS, you can configure monitoring options and get an update on potential issues. This Monitoring feature is set on a Venue level.
To set Monitoring feature:
- Select the Venue you want to monitor
- Click on the Monitoring tab in the sidebar
- New Monitoring section appears
- Click ENABLE/DISABLE (disabled by default)
Recipient receives an email alert sent by the MENU app if the connectivity issue arises. Email contains a self-help content so as to reduce the amount of customer support tickets for straightforward and easy fixes.
Monitoring alert trigger
- For Printer, Tablet and POS Windows Service: Alert is sent if the component changes its status (offline/online)
- For general orders: Alert is sent if POS/Printer is online but something is wrongly configured and order fails as a result
Depending on the integration type (i.e. how the Venue receives orders), components can be critical or non-critical. If a component is critical, ordering from that particular Venue is temporarily disabled.
- Venue with plain integration (i.e. receives orders via Tablet): if Tablet goes offline, Venue can't receive new orders
- Venue with POS (Windows Service) integration: if Windows Service goes offline, Venue can't receive new orders
- Venue with POS integration: If Tablet goes offline, Venue can receive orders via POS integration