Who is it for?
The document is addressed to:
- MENU employees who will be giving training to content creators
- content creators (end users)
- no programming knowledge is required and no coding is involved to manage the content in the system
- it’s great if you have WordPress and Gutenberg experience, but you will do great without it as well
What is it for?
The document serves as:
- initial “must read” for content creators to start work with the platform
- a reference point to clear the doubts regarding content creation in Marketing website
- troubleshooting guide
What is it not for?
The document is not:
- a detailed WordPress CMS tutorial
- a detailed Gutenberg editor tutorial
Instead it is describing the adaptation of the above.
What is covered?
The following functionalities are described in the document:
- Overview of the platform from the content creator perspective
- Overview of the content platform
- Distinction between
- what is served from the WordPress platform
- what is served from the Menu CMS
- Adding new articles (trending / posts)
- Adding new products
- Adding static pages (e.g. about us)
- Managing menus
- Managing header menu
- Managing footer menus
- Managing global options:
- Cookie settings
- Social media links
- Managing logos
- Multilingual support
- Translating pages
- Translating products
- Translating posts
- SEO support described (including multilingual)
- Publishing work
- Featured images for posts and products should be in 3:2 ratio, which is e.g. 1080px x 720px
- Ideally, images would be trimmed (no extra white spaces)
CMS Platform overview
The CMS is built with WordPress and adaptation of Gutenberg page builder.
Here is a link to official Gutenberg documentation: https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/. There are a lot of tutorials on the internet to quickly get familiarized or extend our knowledge.
The Gutenberg used in the platform is an adaptation. Some blocks are currently removed. The selected ones will be gradually introduced in the next releases.
The core blocks that are currently supported:
- Drag and drop page builder
- Heading component (ability to choose between h1 - h6 tags, center etc.)
- Paragraph (in fact it is a small WYSIWYG editor)
- Spacer (to introduce custom spacing in the article)
- Divider (horizontal line)
- Image block (it currently is only full width of the container)
The above blocks allow us to build interesting layouts without styling and coding.
The usage is simple and intuitive.
Please sign in to leave a comment.