With Dynamic Links, Brands are able to generate QR codes that take the Customer to the menu of a specific Store upon opening the app, to the specific table in a Store, or to a specific Order Type. Dynamic Link feature is available only to Brands that have Web application.
For more information on this feature, check out this article: What is Dynamic Link?
Prior to adding Dynamic Link, you need to add Dynamic Links Group. Dynamic Links Group main purpose is to allow MC users to better organize Dynamic Links. For example you can create a separate Dynamic Link Group for every Store in your Brand.
To add Dynamic Links Group:
- Navigate to Configurations in the sidebar
- Select Dynamic Links
- Click on +Add Group to add the Dynamic Links Group
- Add Group modal appears requiring you to enter Group's name
- Enter Group's name and click Add to complete the process
You've successfully created the Dynamic Links Group.
Now, you can proceed by adding the Dynamic Link.
To add Dynamic Link:
- In Dynamic Links Group click on +Add Dynamic Link
- Add Dynamic Link form will appear requiring you to populate it with details:
- Name: Link appears with this name
- Dynamic Link (optional): URL of Dynamic Link (e.g. https://name.app)
- Click Create
Upon creation of the Dynamic Link, Static Link and the QR Code will be automatically generated.
Each field in the Add Dynamic Link form has a popover hint that appears when you hover over the information mark (i).
- Dynamic Link
- Static Link
- QR code preview
You've successfully created Dynamic Link.
The overview of the Dynamic Links screen should now look like this:
Created Dynamic Link can be edited and modified in the following way:
- Edit all information available in previously seen Add Dynamic Link form
- Move Dynamic Link to another Dynamic Links Group
NOTE: Unlike the Dynamic Link name and the URL, QR code cannot be edited.