This article gives an overview on how Catering Orders are dispatched.
Catering Dispatch characteristics
Here's how Catering Orders are different from other Order Types that can be dispatched:
- they're a separate Order Type
- they have their own Opening Hours
- they have their own Delivery Areas (typically larger than the regular Store Delivery Area)
- Dispatch service handles them separately (because they're usually future orders with large volumes of items)
Catering Dispatch backend
This is what the Store Manager will see in Dispatch while focusing on Catering:
- special label for Catering Orders
- special label for Catering Routes
This is so that it's easy to differentiate them from other Orders on the Dispatching Screen.
Please note: the Dispatching Screen will only show Catering Orders FOR THE CURRENT DAY.
The new Catering flag will also be visible on the Deliveries Screen and Orders Screen.
DSPs availability for Catering Orders
- DoorDash Drive
- Make sure that your Brand has agreed with Doordash Drive to have a Catering account. If not, you can reuse the contract that belongs to MENU Technologies
- Additional fields for Catering have been added to Doordash configuration to make sure that it works correctly with Catering Orders. These values will be populated by our Developers Team
- Uber Direct
- Uber Direct doesn't have specific setup needed