You can control in which Channels your Category is available by using the Visibility feature in the Management Center. By default, a newly created Category will be available in all of the Channels assigned to the Store. The same goes for MENU Channels meaning that the visibility checkbox for all the MENU Channels is set to true for all newly created Categories.
- Click on Overview on the left navigation bar
- Select Overview under Menu
- Click on Manage Visibility
- Select the Channels in which you want your Category to be available or deselect the ones you don't want your Category to be available in
- Use the Search bar to search for a specific Channel by name
- Click Save to save your changes
Please note: when you disable Channel Visibility on a Category Level, it will push this change to all Subcategories and Items belonging to it. To turn on Channel Visibility, please turn it on for Category, Subcategory, and Items that you want to be available in a selected Channel.
This change is effective immediately, however you'll see it on the MC interface if you refresh the page.
For more information on Store Visibility, please check out How to control in which Stores my Category is available? article.