This article explains the first step that should be taken in order to prepare for deinstallation of SureMDM / SureLock on your Tablet, which relates to discontinuation of that service as of 1st of September 2023. Check this article to know more.
Steps to prepare for deinstallation
To be able to exit and uninstall SureMDM / SureLock from your Tablet, you have to obtain permission to perform these actions first. Otherwise, upon trying, you will see that such permission isn't granted, because these apps run as device admin applications - and this has to be overwritten.
Here's how to do it:
- Open Settings
- Click on Apps & Notifications
- Select Special app access
- Go to Device admin apps
- You will see a list of applications that currently have the right to run as Device admin apps. SureMDM and SureLock will be among them:
- First, disable both of them by sliding the slider so it grays out:
Now, deactivate the device admin app rights for both apps (you need to access them separately by tapping on their names):
- Both of them should now be fully disabled:
Once they are, you may go ahead and uninstall them.