It is time consuming and impractical for the restaurant staff to log into the CMS to enable/disable something in the menu, especially during rush hours.
MENU's innovation offers a solution to enable and temporally disable items directly from the Tablet App.
You can disable some items for a specific time, which will automatically become active again after the time has elapsed. This way you can avoid that the item will not be activated again.
An item can be temporarily disabled for:
- 1 hour
- 4 hour
- Or until the end of the day
How to do it?
- Click on left navigation menu
- Select Menu availability option
- New tab opens with the list of Categories and Subcategories available in your Menu
- switching between the tabs you can reach the menu with the different Categories and Subcategories, as well as Combos and the Modifiers
- currently disabled categories/subcategories/items are greyed-out. The auto-activation time (in the venue's local time zone) should also be displayed
- if the entity is permanently disabled in the CMS, Disabled until enabled is displayed
Temporarily disable items
- Select Menu in the top navigation bar
- Select the Subcategory of the article
- Select the article
- Click DISABLE
- A new tab shows, asking For How Long?
- Select the period for which the item should be deactivated
- To confirm click Submit
To disable an item indefinitely (permanently until you decide otherwise), here's what has to be done:
- Go to CMS
- Under your Brand, click Add Tablet or Edit Tablet (depending which scenario this is)
- While editing, move to Allow disabling products indefinitely and toggle the flag to Allow for it, instead of Disallow
- For adding a new Tablet, the same applies
Please note: this flag is disabled by default upon adding a new tablet, so please keep that in mind if you're adding a new device in CMS.
Once you're on your Tablet App, the new button to disable an item indefinitely will be available:
Case study: Menu Items disabled in MC/Tablet
Here's what happens if such scenario occurs, in which an Item was disabled in MC or Tablet and how MENU will sync with the POS:
Item gets disabled in MC or on Table
POS sync on the Store level happens (automatically, or when it's triggered manually)
MENU Ecosystem picks up that product is disabled in POS as well
MENU overwrites the status to reflect that product is disabled by POS
- Now this Item is marked as 'Disabled by POS' in MENU system as well
To enable that Item again:
Go to POS and enable it there
Trigger POS sync
- Now you've gotten 'Enabled' status from POS on a product