To make the User's journey with MENU even better, we want to enable a functionality that allows to highlight delayed orders. This feature also aims to help your crews better manage their order preparation, so that your Customer's experience is seamless.
Thanks to this implementation, crew members are able to see incoming orders in an order that allows them to prepare them based on the expected arrival time.
How does it work?
Here is the overview of the functionality:
- Open the Tablet App
- Check the Orders that are pending preparation
- Your Orders are listed in an ascending order (based on pick-up time), with the earliest pick-up time listed at the top
- All Orders (regardless of order type) have their relative pick-up time already assigned
And now - here's where the delayed Orders highlight comes to play. If the pick-up time is equal to 'now' (current time) and your order type has:
- manually been assigned Arrived status - in case of Curbside delivery
- automatically been assigned Arrived status, which is based on the ETA (Estimated Arrival Time) - in case of:
- Smart Orders: Curbside, Dine-in, Takeout
- Delivery and/or Foodspot (DSP ETA integration)
- for all other Orders will see the pick-up time as 0 mins.
If the pick-up time has already passed, then you will see it as -X mins - X being the number of minutes that have passed from the moment the order was supposed to be ready, for example -5 mins. The order will also be highlighted with the orange border, to make it easier for you to identify:
Please note: once the order has been marked as ready, it will move to past orders tab.
Orders without geo-tracking
The above is also a good example of the orders that we don't geo-track. This order type means we're not receiving coordinates from the customers or couriers that are approaching the restaurants to pick up the orders. These are time-triggered orders - they are based only on time, and not on the fact that Customer or Courier are getting closer to the restaurant to collect the order. This can be related to any of the order types we support including Dine-in QS, Dine-in FS, Takeout, Curbside, Delivery, and Foodspot.
Orders with geo-tracking
Geo-tracking orders are all the orders for which we actually do receive geo-coordinates of the end customers or couriers that are approaching the restaurants to pick up the orders.
There are 2 ways of receiving ETA for an order:
- It’s a Smart Order (Dine-in QS, Takeout, and Curbside)
- It’s a Delivery Order for which we’re receiving ETA of the Courier that will come to pick up the order in the restaurant
Please note that in geo-tracked orders we will show the relative ETA time instead of showing the absolute pickup time - it will be based on the geo-coordinates received. To make that clear in the Tablet App, the text is colored in orange.
Geo-tracking for Smart Orders:
Geo-tracking for Delivery Orders:
Please note: once the order is moved to the past orders, the absolute time for that order is shown again
Please sign in to leave a comment.