For POS integrations, the Combos that are created in MENU are linked to the Combos pulled from your POS system, so MENU knows which Combo needs to be ordered in the POS when a customer places an order through a MENU-powered channel.
Combos that are not mapped to the POS will not be shown on channels and thus not available for customers to order.
In order to be able to map Combos to the POS a POS integration needs to be set up and configured for your Store Group or Single Store. If that is not the case, you will not have the POS Mapping sub-navigation available in the Menu option in the side navigation bar. To set up a POS integration, please reach out to your Account Manager or open a ticket through one of our contact forms.
Combos are mapped to the POS from the POS Combo mapping page.
Combos are mapped on All Store level.
- Select POS Mapping from the Menu option of the side navigation bar.
- POS mapping page appears
- Select the POS Integrations whose products you want to mapp with the combos in the MC
- Select the tab Combo
- The POS Combo mapping page shows the list of Combos configured in MENU on the left and the POS Combos on the right (if the Combo is already connected). If a Combo is not yet connected to the POS, the Connect button is displayed:
Please note: by default, Combos are collapsed. Click to expand and show items to map to POS.
To map a Combo to the POS:
- A drop down is shown next to every Combo Group configured in MENU
- Click on a drop down
- A searchable drop down appears listing all the Combos available from your POS system
- Select the Combo that you want to map to
- Click Connect next to an unmapped Combo Meal
- You've successfully mapped Combo to the POS
Case: Combo Item Names aren’t updated when Item Name is changed
Please note: this applies to Menu Ordering Channels and Aggregators.
At the moment, this is expected behavior.
How does it work:
When Brand Manager changes the name of the menu Item in MC, they need to:
- go to Combos where the Item is included
- remove it from the Combo
- add that Item again
Otherwise, the Combo Item will have the previous Menu Item name.
This applies to side Combo items, and Menu Combo Items that have the autogenerated name (menu item name + combo name in the MC).
Searching the list
When you're searching through Combos - results will show immediately while typing: