Different to the POS use in the CMS, Modifier Groups and Modifiers are not imported anymore from the CMS. In the Management center, Modifier groups and Modifiers have to be mapped with the exact same Modifier group or Modifier uploaded in the POS System.
In order to have the POS Mapping option available on All Stores level, your brand needs to have at least one existing POS integration:
- Select common purpose Integration to connect stores using the same POS system
- Select the Integration Type from the dropdown list and fill out the information
- Select POS Mapping from the Menu option of the side navigation bar.
- POS mapping page appears
- Select the POS Integrations whose Modifiers and Modifier Groups you want to map with the modifiers in the MC (for example: iKentoo).
- Select the tab Modifier Groups
If an Modifier or Modifier Group is not yet connected to the POS, a Connect button is displayed.
To map a Modifier Group or a modifier to the POS:
- Click on the dropdown menu next to your Modifier Group, or Modifier
- Select the Modifier Group or Modifier in your POS corresponding the one in your MC
- Click Connect to connect
- Repeat this action until you mapped every Modifier Group and every Modifier
- You've successfully mapped the Modifier Group / Modifier with the POS
From now on, pricing & availability will be automatically synchronized from the POS Items every 30 minutes.
Bear in mind that on a Store level the POS mapping is not available. However, you can choose the POS Synchronization option instead to sync the prices of your Modifiers. You can set up how often you want POS product prices and their availability to be synchronized with your menu. This is done manually for each store.
Please note: make sure you have the appropriate permissions & access to perform these actions. Here's the additional information about Default User Role Permissions
Also, please note: by default, Modifier Groups are collapsed. Click to expand and show items to map to POS.
Case: Combo Item Names aren’t updated when Item Name is changed
Please note: this applies to Menu Ordering Channels and Aggregators.
At the moment, this is expected behavior.
How does it work:
When Brand Manager changes the name of the menu Item in MC, they need to:
- go to Combos where the Item is included
- remove it from the Combo
- add that Item again
Otherwise, the Combo Item will have the previous Menu Item name.
This applies to side Combo items, and Menu Combo Items that have the autogenerated name (menu item name + combo name in the MC)
Modifiers in POS
One unique Modifier in your Menu can be mapped only to one Modifier on the POS. This means that if one Modifier is in 2 Modifier Groups, that Modifier will be automatically mapped to Modifiers in all groups where it is used in the POS.
However, if the POS has a similar but not the same Modifier in 2 different Modifier Groups (same name, but different price or different ID) you need to create another Modifier in the Menu and map it to the correct Modifier on the POS.
Searching the list
When you're searching through Modifiers - expand Modifier Group in results to see Modifier: