|User Role||Chain||Chain Venue|
Delivery Hours allow you to define when your Venue delivers. Delivery orders can only be placed if the Pickup Time and Delivery Time for the order are within Delivery Hours.
Delivery Hours need to be set for a Venue to accept Delivery orders. If no Delivery Hours are set, the system will treat the Venue as never delivering.
For weekly repeating Delivery Hours, Standard Delivery Hours are specified for days of the week. For unusual Delivery Hours (for a specific date or date range), Delivery Special Dates can be set.
- Click Venue List at the top bar
- Select the Venue for which you want to edit Delivery Hours
- Click on Areas in the top navigation bar
- Select the Delivery area from the sidebar
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
To add a Standard Delivery Hour:
- SELECT DAYS: The day picker allows you to select the days when your Venue delivers. Each day is independent and as such can be toggled on or off, regardless of any other day selection.
- FROM: Starting time for the Delivery Hour
- TO: Ending time for the Delivery Hour
NOTE: If you do not select any days and only set FROM and TO, the Delivery Hour will apply for the entire week.
- Click ADD to add the new Delivery Hour
- Multiple Delivery Hours can be set for a Venue
To add a Delivery Special Date:
- SPECIAL DATES: Specific date or date range for the Delivery Special Date
- Closed / Open: If your Venue is delivering or not for the date or date range. If the Delivery Special Date is set to Open, your Venue delivers during the time specified in FROM and TO. If the Delivery Special Date is set to Closed, your Venue does not deliver.
- FROM (if Open): Starting time for the Delivery Special Date
- TO (if Open): Ending time for the Delivery Special Date
- Click ADD to add the new Delivery Special Date
- Multiple Delivery Special Dates can be added
NOTE: Delivery Order can be processed only if a specific Delivery Time or a calculated send at time is within the Venue's Delivery Hours.
Bear in mind that Store Opening hours need to be set up to enable delivery. Check How to change Opening Hours for further information.
Here is an example that explains the flow of Store Opening Hours VS Delivery Hours:
- Store Opening Time: 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Delivery Opening Time: 8:00am - 8:30pm
- Store Pickup Time: 10 min.
- Default Delivery Time Buffer: 20 min.
Customer, with a delivery commute of less than 30 minutes, can place a Delivery Order no later than 7:30pm. Since the Store closes at 8pm and the Pickup Time + Default Delivery Time Buffer add up to 30 minutes, the Order is still prepared during the Store Opening Time and since the delivery path is 30 minutes, it can then still be delivered by 8:30pm.
Calculation is as follows:
Store Opening Time - Pickup Time - Standard Delivery Buffer = Latest time to place an Order for Customers with less than 30 minutes delivery distance.
20.00 - 10 minutes - 20 minutes = 19.30
Therefore, a Customer who has a longer delivery path than 30 minutes (end-Store Opening Time - end-Delivery Opening Time) must also place an Order earlier than 7:30 pm.
Delivery Opening Time - Delivery Route - Pickup Time - Default Delivery Buffer = Latest time to place an Order for Customers with delivery route longer than 30 minutes.
20:30 - 45 minutes - 10 minutes - 20 minutes = 19:15
The latest Delivery Time is the end of the Delivery Opening Time.